ISO 30000:2009 SHIP RECYCLING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Certification of conformity with international standard ISO 30000 defines the requirements of the management system for ship recycling operations in order to control efficiency, safety and environmental respect during implementation.
This management system must be implemented and applied throughout the ship recycling facility, that is, the area used by an organisation to dismantle and subsequently recover ships.
ISO 30000 certification applies to any ship recycling facility that intends to define, implement, maintain and improve a safety management system that respects the environment, in conformity with its eco-sustainable management policy.
ISO 30000:2009 is applicable to any ship recycling facility that wishes to:
- establish, implement, maintain and improve a safe and environmentally sound management system for the recycling of ships;
- assure itself of conformity with its stated safe and environmentally sound management policy;
- demonstrate conformity with ISO 30000:2009 by
- making a self-determination and self-declaration, or
- seeking confirmation of its conformance by parties having an interest in the facility such as customers, or
- seeking confirmation of its self-declaration by a party external to the organization, or
- seeking certification/registration of its management system by an external organization.
Certification against ISO 30000 benefits an organization in multiple ways:
- Safe working conditions
- Regulatory and statutory compliance
- Enhanced customer confidence
- Competitive advantage
|ISO Name||Standard Details|
|ISO 30000:2009||Management systems for safe and environmentally sound ship recycling facilities|
|ISO 30002:2010||Selection of Ship Recycler|
|ISO 30005:2010||Information control for hazardous materials in the manufacturing chain of shipbuilding and ship operations|